Thursday, August 25, 2016

IVF Update!

I know its been a while since I have updated the blog... Sorry! But honestly nothing has really been going on or changed since my last post besides my belly bloating and looking like I am already pregnant.

I have started my treatment, if you did not get that from my last post. So how my treatment works (I'm not sure if every IVF cycles are the same that's why I referred to it as my treatment) I started on birth control and I took that for just about three weeks. I was put on this to regulate my cycle and to make sure aunt flow didn't show up unexpectedly. About two weeks into taking birth control, I started my first injection. I have to give myself one injection every morning. Along with daily injections, I take baby aspirin (used as a blood thinner), Prenatal Vitamins, and Ovaboost (a natural supplement that helps your ovaries to be healthy). I continue with these medications throughout the rest of my treatment. I also was taking a Zpack for 5 days along with everything else, which is just an easy name for an antibiotic. I have to take that just in case I had any bugs roaming around in my body. Tyk also took this for 5 days.  So from the start of the birth control is when my treatment actually started which means I technically started my IVF treatment about three and a half weeks ago. Tomorrow I have my first ultrasound appointment and blood draw to see how things are looking. I'm actually really excited to go in. I feel like three weeks is a long time to wait and just hope that everything is working properly, but I guess the doctors probably know what they're doing. Hopefully...

At my appointment, the doctor will instruct me on my next injection and the dosage. I do have a tentative plan to start two more injections on Sunday. So that will mean I'll be giving myself three injections a day along with the pills I am currently taking!! Hopefully they won't kill me too bad, I just have to remember that this won't last forever... and IT WILL BE WORTH IT!

Tyker has been so good during this experience. Every morning his is just the sweetest when I get up to do my injection. I always get up first, get everything ready, and then I hear him walking out of the bedroom coming to support me. He always has those sleepy eyes that he can't open because of the light. As I do my injection he just stands and watches. Then as soon as I pull the needle out, he bends down to my belly and blows on the spot where the needle was injected. Honestly its not even necessary to blow on it, but he just wants to help and be apart of the action, and I love him for that!

Another update should be coming soon, I'm sure I'll have news to share after tomorrow!
Stay tuned, and thanks for reading!!!

Love,
Shandee

2 comments:

  1. My mom sends her love to your dear husband :) we miss and love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom sends her love to your dear husband :) we miss and love him!

    ReplyDelete