Thursday, October 6, 2016

WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!!

I'm finally getting around to doing an update! I am SOOO beyond tired all the time, that all I want to do right now is sleep… So I've had good intentions on writing an update for the past week or two, but other things have taken priority! 

We had our first blood draw to see if we were pregnant on September 23rd! It was at seven in the morning and this was the longest week ever leading up to the appointment. I had been calm the week before, but this week I had massive anxiety and could not do anything to get my mind off of the situation. I was pretty crampy all week and as each day went on I got more and more tired. I could tell something different was going on in my body, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. I had never done In Vitro before so I didn't know what to expect as far as the aftereffects went. I just knew that if I wasn't pregnant…that I was about to have a wicked cycle ahead! 

So we did the blood draw and we told the nurse to just leave the results on my voicemail. We wanted to listen to the voicemail together, and knew that if they didn't leave a voicemail that it would be hard to get a hold of them later on that day. After I got done with school I had an appointment to get my nails done. The voicemail was sitting on my phone eagerly waiting for us to listen to it. Everyone I had talk to that day told me what will power I had for not listening to it. I would just explain to them that Tyker and I had gone through this whole experience together and we wanted to find out together as well. And… Who would want to find out bad news alone? Once I got home from my nail appointment Tyk wasn't home yet. So I patiently waited pacing back-and-forth! Once we were both home, I told Tyker that I wanted to record us listening to the voicemail. He said "What if it's bad news?" I told him that I had already thought about this, And then he replied "Well then we just deleted video I guess!" So we set up the phone to record and we sat on the couch to listen to the voicemail. I attach the video below, see you can watch it if you'd like!

We had told our families earlier in the week that no matter what the news was on Friday, that we were going to take time to tell them. Secretly we had plans on how we wanted to tell them if the news was good. If the news was bad, we were just gonna call and tell them the news was bad. Once we found out that it was good and that we were pregnant, we had a busy night ahead! First we headed over to Tyker's parents house. His dad Gregg's birthday was the week before and we had planned on telling the family with a gift for his birthday. When we were pregnant the first time, it was around Gregg's birthday as well. We decided the first time we were pregnant, that we were going to tell him with a football jersey onesie of his favorite team. When we miscarried, we wanted to get rid of that dumb jersey but we didn't. So for the past two years it's been in the top of our closet out of sight out of mind. Well… We decided we wanted to do the same idea, so we unburied the Jersey and got it ready in a box with a cute saying. It said "GRANDPA! You better make room in your chair, we've got lots of games to watch next season!" Check the picture out below!

Well, Robin and Gregg weren't home, so we were off to the next stop, my mom's work! She works at the IRS in Ogden so before we jump through loopholes to try to get in, we walked around the parking lot to see if her car was there. It wasn't… So we decided to head to my sister Karli's house. I bet you can guess, she wasn't home either. At this point I was a bit discouraged and told Tyk that we should just go home kind of in a kidding way! We were hungry, so we stopped at Arby's for some dinner! We then made our way to my moms house and guess what she was home!

By this time it was about 8 o'clock so it was dark outside. We snuck to the front of the house and rang the doorbell. I had made a sign that I was holding up that said Maca round three!!! So when the first grandbaby BrynDee was born she started calling my mom Maca so now my mom is known as Maca Lisa! Tyker was recording as my mom opened the door, and she didn't know who it was going to be at her door at 8 o'clock at night so she was peeking out until she realized who it was and read the sign. she said "ARE YOU KIDDING!" as she swung the door open to hug me. You can see the rest below I attached a video!


We tried my sisters house again on our way home from my moms. She was home this time and we decided to do a similar sign to what we did for my mom. As we ring the doorbell I heard BrynDee say "Mom I got it!" This was perfect I could then tell BrynDee to go get her mom, but that's not what happened… My sign wasn't up when Karli was the one that answered the door! She was on the phone looked at the sign and said "you're pregnant I knew it I knew you were!!" This video is posted below too!

We then made our way home but had one last stop on the way. To pull the gift off for the rest of the family, Tyker had told Robin and Tage that we had gotten a t-shirt for Gregg for his birthday online. Tyk made up this awesome lie to cover up the real gift. He told them both that we found a shirt that said "Vintage made in 1961 all original parts", in a Harley Davidson type of way. They totally believed it, so that's what they were expecting when Gregg opened the gift. The whole family knew that we had done the blood test that morning, so Tyk had to make it clear that we had decided not to listen to the voicemail until we went to bed that night. We just told them that we wanted to enjoy our Friday night and we would listen to it at the end of the night, which was another fib… But we wanted it to be a surprise! So Gregg began to open his present and as soon as he did Robin peaked over and saw the sign that was in there saying GRANDPA! She starting making some noise and Tage and Kyla (my cute soon to be sister-in-law) jumped up to see what the big deal was! Tage yelled "YES!", Kyla did a cute dance, Gregg started tearing up (which is common for him) and Robin made her way over to us for hugs! This also was caught on video, and posted below! 

Like I had posted in my previous blog post, how I was going to surprise our family with our pregnancy had always been a big deal to me. And now that that experience has passed, I can say that it was absolutely perfect! I'm so happy we got it all on video as well. Now I can share that with our baby, and look back on that memory forever! 

I have so much more to tell, and another post will be coming soon. Thank you for your patience with me and all of your support!

Love, 

Shandee










1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I have waited for this post for DAYS!!! I can't wait to read the rest. Loved the videos. 💜

    ReplyDelete